Mepilex® Border Ag
Mepilex® Border Ag is an all-in-one antimicrobial foam dressing designed for medium to high exuding wounds such as pressure ulcers and partial thickness burns, and where an antimicrobial action is indicated. According to a recent international consensus, antimicrobial action is indicated to help reduce bio-burden in infected wounds and to act as an antimicrobial barrier in wounds at high risk of infection or re-infection1. Infected wounds are painful wounds that need the best of treatment. Mepilex Border Ag is a dressing with Safetac® technology and is therefore proven to minimize pain and skin damage at dressing changes2,3. Mepilex Border Ag provides an antimicrobial activity, as it contains silver compound.
- Safetac technology minimises pain at dressing changes2
- Rapid and sustained antimicrobial activity4
- Excellent retention and effective exudate management5
- All-in-one foam dressing for pressure ulcers and other chronic and acute wounds
For more information, please visit: http://www.molnlycke.us/advanced-wound-care-products/antimicrobial-produ...
- International consensus. Appropriate use of silver dressings in wounds. An expert working group consensus. London: Wounds International, 2012.
- White R. A Multinational survey of the assessment of pain when removing dressings. Wounds UK, 2008.
- Dykes PJ et al. Effect of adhesive dressings on the stratum corneum of the skin. Journal of Wound Care, 2001.
- External in vitro lab report: NAMSA 09C 29253 01/09C 29253 02.
- Feili F et al. Retention capacity. Poster presentation at the EWMA conference, Lisbon, Portugal, 2008.