Mepilex® Border is an all-in-one foam dressing proven to minimize patient pain and trauma to the wound and surrounding skin1,2. It has been designed to create an optimal healing environment for moderate to high exuding wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg and foot ulcers, traumatic wounds, and other secondary healing wounds.
Mepilex® Border effectively absorbs and retains exudate and maintains a moist wound environment3. The Safetac® layer seals the wound edges, preventing the exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin which minimises the risk for maceration4. The Safetac® layer ensures that the dressing can be changed without damaging the wound or surrounding skin or exposing the patient to additional pain.
Mepilex Border is proven to help prevent pressure ulcers when used in addition with the standard pressure ulcers prevention protocols6.
- Safetac® technology minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- All-in-one dressing for chronic wounds such as pressure ulcers
- Helps to prevent pressure ulcers
- Offers a combination of excellent fluid handling capacity and retention for effective exudate management with less risk of maceration5
For additional information, please visit: http://www.molnlycke.us/advanced-wound-care-products/foam-dressings/mepi...
- White R. A Multinational survey of the assessment of pain when removing dressings. Wounds UK, 2008.
- Dykes PJ et al. Effect of adhesive dressings on the stratum corneum of the skin. Journal of Wound Care, 2001.
- Feili F et al. Retention capacity. Poster presentation at the EWMA conference, Lisbon, Portugal, 2008.
- Wiberg A.B et al. Preventing maceration with a soft silicone dressing: in-vitro evaluations. Poster presented at the 3rd Congress of the WUWHS, Toronto, Canada, 2008.
- Meaume S et al. A study to compare a new self adherent soft silicone dressing with a self adherent polymer dressing in stage II pressure ulcers. Ostomy Wound Management 2003.