Mepilex is a foam dressing suitable for a wide range of wounds like venous leg ulcers, pressure ulcers or diabetic ulcers. Mepilex® minimizes pain and wound or skin damage at dressing change1,2. Mepilex can be cut to fit making it ideal for difficult to dress areas3,4.
- Minimizes pain at dressing changes1,2
- Minimizes the risk of maceration5,6,7
- Effective exudate management7,8
- Soft and conformable9,10
For more information visit: http://www.molnlycke.us/advanced-wound-care-products/foam-dressings/mepi...
- White R. A Multinational survey of the assessment of pain when removing dressings. Wounds UK, 2008.
- Dykes PJ et al. Effect of adhesive dressings on the stratum corneum of the skin. Journal of Wound Care, 2001.
- Data on file : PD-131052, PD-005010, PD-030039, PD-068363, PD-133408, PD-275474
- Data on file : PD-356715
- Wiberg A.B et al. Preventing maceration with a soft silicone dressing: in-vitro evaluations. Poster presented at the 3rd Congress of the WUWHS, Toronto, Canada, 2008.
- Meaume S. et al. A study to compare a new self adherent soft silicone dressing with a self adherent polymer dressing in stage II pressure ulcers. Ostomy Wound Management, 2003.
- Feili F et al. Retention capacity. Poster presentation at the EWMA conference, Lisbon, Portugal 2008.
- External in vitro lab report : SMTL 20090625-002
- Palomar F, Treatment and Care of chronic wounds and perilesional skin using a selfadhesive silicone and foam dressing. Spanish Congress of Dermatology nursing in Benalmádena (Málaga) March 2007.
- Young MJ, Robbie J Management of the diabetic foot: A guide to the assessment and management of diabetic foot ulcers, The Diabetic Foot, 2002 5(3)